- Virtual appliance (VM image) that can be downloaded and installed on a hypervisor (VM ware VSXi or MS Hyper-V) locally in your data center
- 4 Types of storage gateways are available to choose from:
- File Gateway (NFS Network File System mounts) stores flat files in S3 such as images, PDF/doc/xls files etc.
- No storage on premises
- No limit on size
- Volume Gateway (iSCSI) provides virtual hard disks. Can be used as a block storage to install OS or databases such as MySQL/SQL Server etc.
- Stored Volumes: All data is stored on premises and snapshots are backed up on S3 . Volume size: 1 GB to 16 TB
- Cached Volumes: S3 is used as primary storage. Only most recently used data is cached on premises. Volume size: 1 GB to 32 TB
- Tape Gateway uses VTL (Virtual Tape Library) protocol to backup virtual tape archives on S3 Glacier